Research Technician, Immuno-Oncology
Under primary supervision of the Manager, Immuno-oncology Research Lab and the Principal Investigator (Associate Member of the Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI)), the Research Tech, Immuno-oncology is responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of experimental work related to: a. Cell culture involving cell lines as well as primary mouse and human hematopoietic and cancer cells (cell propagation, differentiation assays, proliferation assays). b. Virus production and cell engineering. c. Gene expression analysis using PCR method, including TaqMan assays. d. Protein expression analysis using Western blotting, ELISA, flow cytometry and other related technologies. e. Isolation of cell (sub) populations using magnetic bead-based methods or flow cytometry. f. Mouse colony management
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a Research Technician, Immono-Oncology at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Uses necessary equipment to perform studies.
- Purchases supplies and reagents necessary for studies.
- Participates in the collection, processing and analysis of samples necessary for studies.
- Participates in biologic as well as histological cytological material storage related to projects.
- Maintains lab space.
- Communicates issues to the Principal Investigator, Laboratory Manager or Department Chair.
- Learns about and shares with laboratory members the latest advances in laboratory techniques being used.
- Performs data collection and analysis of experimental results.
- Assists in managing general laboratory functions.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree or Bachelor's of Science candidate with one year of relevant experience.
- One (1) year of relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently and have strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms
- Must be flexible in work schedule. Must be available to occasionally come to the laboratory on a weekend day for a few hours or stay late in the evenings for a given experiment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Previous experience in sterile technique and tissue culture.
- Previous experience in molecular biology-based assays highly desirable.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.