Research Technician, Epigenetic Therapy
The Research Technician, Epigenetic Therapy will work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator to perform research in the field of epigenetic therapy and cancer immunotherapy in the laboratory of Dr. Yi Zhang. This role will be responsible for assisting scientist with experimental research, equipment maintenance, maintaining animal colonies and other day-day duties. Specifically, this role will work with other scientists to develop pharmacological and genetic approaches to modulate immune cell function and perform animal experiments. Key areas of focus include: 1. Prepares standard solutions and reagents. 2. Performs routine staining and fixing of specimens, place media in test tubes, Petri dishes or other containers and prepare simple culture media following explicit instructions. 3. Maintains transgenic and knockout mouse colonies 4. Performs flow cytometric analysis and collect data 5. Prepare immune cells from both lymph-hematological and non-hematological tissues This role will also be responsible for the purchasing of supplies and reagents necessary for all studies maintaining adequate stocks of all the supplies and reagents. This role will be required to maintain detailed protocols and records of data related to executed laboratory work, organizing and maintaining the lab space, and communicating issues to the Associate Scientist, Laboratory Manager, or Department Administrative Assistant.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a The Research Technician, Epigenetic Therapy at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs general laboratory functions.
- Assists the Senior Research Technician/Research Associate in designing and performing experiments within an assigned project.
- Performs data collection and analysis of experimental results.
- Opportunity to become an integral member of a small productive leading edge research team.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training.
- 1 year of relevant experience.
- Individual must be able to work independently and have strong work ethic.
- Required computer and organizational skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be flexible in work schedule. Must be available to occasionally come to the laboratory on a weekend day for a few hours or stay late in evenings for a given experiment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- B.Sc. or Master degree.
- Experience working with immune cell transplantation models in tumor and leukemia and working in a BSL2/BSL3 lab facility.
- Experience with small animal handling, immune isolation and culture, gene vector preparation.
- Flow cytometric analysis
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.