Research Lab Assistant, Clinical
The Research Lab Assistant, Clinical will work under the guidance of the Dir, Associate Member within Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) and will be responsible for coordinating clinical projects and conducting basic microbiological and molecular testing. The candidate will be involved in multiple clinical projects that will entail consenting patients, getting access to patient samples, chart reviews and processing primary samples. The successful candidate will conduct basic and routine microbiological evaluation of patient samples and be responsible for genetic analysis of bacterial pathogens including 16S and whole genome sequencing, pulsed-field gel electrophoresis and gene analysis using the BioFire platform. The candidate will also become familiar with basic bioinformatics and analyzing genetic data and clinical data.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 27 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a Research Lab Assistant, Clinical at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs general laboratory functions under direct supervision.
- Assists with technical duties in a research laboratory setting.
- Conduct routine microbiological evaluation of patient samples.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation, with guidance from senior-level staff.
- Review results with internal staff.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training/experience.
- Possess beginning to working knowledge of subject matter.
- Organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.