The Research Intern handles tasks as assigned by Scientists in the Department of Research. This position provides support as needed and gains on the job experience.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a Research Intern at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assists Department team members with daily operations as assigned. Assignments will vary in nature depending on the research laboratory or office the Research Intern is placed.
- Works on various projects as needed while gaining a working knowledge of the laboratory and its functions.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- College experience
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.