Research Grants Analyst
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Research Grant Analyst provides pre- and post-award funds management for the organization's grants program. This position is responsible for providing support in the preparation of all aspects of post award grant and clinical trial reporting which includes, preparation of budgets for grants / clinical trial applications, general ledger grant/clinical trial revenue and expense analysis, submission of monthly, quarterly, and/or annual grant/clinical trial expense reports, assisting finance department during yearend audit and Uniform Guidance audit and other requirements as outlined in detail below.
A day in the life of a Research Grant Analyst at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Establishes standards and deadlines for grant proposals or applications, and reviews proposals or applications for completeness and compliance with grant terms.
- Reviews and approves awards and develops processes for delivering funding to successful applicants.
- Pays funds to recipients, ensuring that expenditures are within allowable amounts.
- Maintains records related to fund sources, balances, and disbursements.
- Assists recipients or applications with proposals, applications, or program budgeting and reporting.
- Handles all financial responsibilities relating to Research Grant Administration (pre and post-award).
- Prepares financial grant reports and invoices for public and private grant programs and clinical trials, if applicable, for internal review and submission to public and private agencies as required.
- Ensures that appropriate receipt of funds specific to each grant/clinical trial are collected and open receivables are managed properly.
- Records, on a monthly basis, all research and grant revenue and expenditures. Analyzes each clinical trial fund and each Federal/State/Private Foundation grant to supporting documentation.
- Prepares other financial reports as required, including financial reports to Principal Investigators.
- Ensures that monthly Time & Effort sheets are submitted from Program Managers through PeopleSoft Time and Labor and reconciles to actual grant reporting.
- Maintains database of all capital purchases funded with Federal/State grant monies and communicates this information to Accounting Team to ensure items are included in the PeopleSoft Asset Management System.
- Works with Research Administration, Principal Investigators, and others to ensure that departmental budgets are completed properly each year.
- Prepares Research Division Financial Statements for review by Manager and distribution to Network Leadership monthly.
- Reviews and provides status updates of specific grants and/or clinical trials with Research Administration, Principal Investigators and others as necessary.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in accounting or in a related area.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Clinical research experience.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.