Research Grants Analyst CDI
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), located 8 miles outside New York City, was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts including 22 National Institutes of Health (NIH) prime grants, as well as grants from the Gates Foundation, Department of Defense (DoD), Pharma and Biotech. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
The Research Grants Analyst CDI provides pre- and post-award grant management support for the Center for Discovery and Innovation¿s (CDI) growing research grants program. This position is responsible for providing support in the preparation of all aspects of proposals, reports, communications with funding agencies, establishing/reviewing subawards, review of grant expenses and post award grant reporting. This includes but is not limited to budget preparation and review; preparation of grant support documents; running reports; submission, preparation of monthly, quarterly, and/or annual grant reports; and special reports as needed.
A day in the life of a Research Grants Analyst at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Establishes standards and deadlines for grant proposals or applications, and reviews proposals or applications for completeness and compliance with grant terms.
- Reviews and approves awards and develops processes for delivering funding to successful applicants.
- Maintains records related to funding sources, balances, and disbursements.
- Assists with proposals, applications, program budgeting and reporting.
- Handles all financial responsibilities relating to Research Grant Administration (pre and post-award).
- Prepares financial and programmatic grant reports and invoices for public and private grant programs, if applicable, for internal review and submission to public and private agencies as required.
- Creates and monitors subawards; communicates with collaborating institutions as needed.
- Ensures that appropriate receipt of funds specific to each grant are collected and open receivables are managed properly.
- Collaborates with Grant Accounting staff to ensure payment to recipients is accurate and expenditures are within allowable amounts.
- Reviews all research and grant revenue and expenditures. Analyzes each Federal/State/Private Foundation grant to supporting documentation. Prepares program and financial reports as required, including financial reports to Principal Investigators, external funding agencies, partner institutions.
- Reviews and provides status updates of specific grants with Research Administration, Principal Investigators and others as necessary.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or a related area and 3 years of experience in grants & contracts or in a related area; or equivalent 5 years of experience in grants & contracts or in a related area.
- Advanced budgeting skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Three years research grant administration/management.
- Certified Research Administrator, or other grant related certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.