Research Associate, SOM
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system
The Research Associate will support activities of the SOM's Office of Research, and, as assigned, related activities conducted across the Hackensack Meridian Health network. In particular, the research associate will help plan and direct studies related to SOM's community health initiatives. Assist in the preparation of study protocols and questionnaires, collection and management of data, and reporting of results obtained.
A day in the life of a Research Associate, School of Medicine at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Plan and direct studies related to SOM's community health initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of study protocols, questionnaires, and informed consent documents.
- Collect, manage, and analyze data, and report/present results obtained.
- Coordinates and handles logistical elements of fieldwork and data collection for community health initiatives.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Master's degree is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in community and/or behavioral research.
- Experience in data collection.
- Master's degree in Public Health or Epidemiology is preferred
- Some experience in a longitudinal evaluation of a behavioral intervention.
- Experience in basic data analysis.
- Experience in manuscript and related document preparation.
- Design, administration, and/or execution of clinical trials.
- Familiarity with biomedical research.
- Awareness of funding opportunities from the government and private sectors.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.