Research Associate, NeuroBio
The Research Associate, NeuroBio will work under the guidance of Dr. Vogel and a postdoctoral fellow studying brain tumors in pediatric patients and mouse models. The research will seek to understand and test novel therapeutic approaches while partnering with industry to test and develop patient derived xenograft (PDX) models. The research done in our lab is closely partnered with patient treatment and the insights gained from the work will immediately translated into clinical approach and treatment strategies for the developing CNS (For details see Nature Medicine 18, 1797-1804 (2012)). Our lab employs a number of mouse genetic models with in vivo and in vitro systems to study tumorigenesis. These include novel subcellular imaging techniques, molecular/cellular neurobiology, protein biochemistry, genetic, and pharmacological methods. Our lab has a strong interest in translational neuroscience research and is focused on developing novel medical therapies in our models.
1. PCR Genotyping mice strains, mouse colony management by setting up timed breeding for mice pups, and breeders.
2. Micro-dissection of brain from embryo and adult mice at varying stage of neuro-development.
3. Processing tissue for paraffin and frozen sectioning, using microtome and cryostat for tissue sectioning.
4. Staining paraffin and frozen tissue for immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, and imaging techniques.
5. Lab maintenance, upkeep with making solutions, reagents, PCR primers, and ordering equipment.
6. Presentation of data in weekly lab meetings.
7. Communicating with post-doctoral fellows, students, trainees, RA's, and principal investigators in our developmental neuroscience and other groups.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Hold a Ph.D. Degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of two years as a Postdoctoral research fellow, or a Master's Degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of three years of related research experience.
2. Minimum publication or in preparation of two articles as first author in high quality peer-reviewed scientific journals.
3. Experience conducting and designing research projects.
4. Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.