Research Associate, Infectious Disease
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) is offering a Research Associate, Infectious Disease position in the field of infectious and inflammatory diseases in the laboratory of Dr. David Perlin. The Perlin lab is interested in drug discovery against multidrug resistant bacterial infections, mechanisms of antifungal drug resistance, studies of drug action at sites of infection, rapid detection of drug resistant bloodstream and respiratory pathogens in high-risk patients, and the application of small animal models for high-threat pathogens. Key areas of focus include: a. Drug discovery against multidrug resistant bacteria causing both systemic and wound Infections. b. Rapid detection of respiratory and bloodstream infections and associated resistance markers. c. Developing and running BSL2/BSL3 small animal infection models for bacterial, fungal and viral pathogens. d. Delivering small animal infection models for ESKAPE, TB and select agent bacterial pathogens to evaluate lead compounds. The research program incorporates both basic preclinical and translational research and is aimed towards clinical translation of its most promising discoveries. The successful Research Assoc, Infect Disease candidate will be responsible for the conduct of highly specialized and technical research under the supervision of a full-time Associate Member.
A day in the life of Research Associate, Infectious Disease at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Conducts research and/or laboratory tasks and experiments under direct supervision.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data.
- Creates reports from analysis of initial observations and conclusions.
- Presents findings to higher level staff.
- Reviews experimental protocols, design, and documentation.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Hold a Ph.D. Degree in a relevant science with a minimum of two years as a Postdoctoral research fellow, or a Master's Degree in a relevant science with a minimum of three years of related research experience.
- Minimum publication or in preparation of two articles as first author in high quality peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Experience conducting and designing research projects.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.