Research Associate, Infectious Disease, Mass Spectrometry Imaging
The Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) is offering a Research Assoc, Infect Disease position in the field of mass spectrometry imaging (MSI) applied to anti-infective drug discovery and development. The position will be in the laboratory of Dr. Veronique Dartois. The Dartois lab is interested in the pharmacology of antimycobacterial drugs, mechanisms of mycobacterial drug resistance, host directed anti-mycobacterial therapies and the immunology of mycobacterial infections caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Non-Tuberculous Mycobacteria. Key areas of focus include:
- Operate and maintain instrumentation (Solarix, Orbis and LCMs) within Biosafety Level 3 (BSL-3) and BSL2 facilities.
- Apply novel sample preparation methodologies to enhance sensitivity and maintain tissue morphology for drug, metabolite and lipid distribution studies.
- Tissue handling and cryo-sectioning within BSL2/3 facilities
- Data processing using a variety of vendor-based and open-source software.
The research program incorporates both basic preclinical and translational research and is aimed towards clinical translation of its most promising discoveries. The successful Research Assoc, Infect Disease, MSI candidate will be responsible for the conduct of highly specialized and technical research under the supervision of a full-time Associate Member.
Conducts research and/or laboratory tasks and experiments under direct supervision.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data.
- Creates reports from analysis of initial observations and conclusions.
- Presents findings to higher-level staff.
- Reviews experimental protocols, design, and documentation.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Hold a Ph.D. Degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of two years as a Postdoctoral research fellow, or a Master's Degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of three years of related research experience.
- Minimum publication or in preparation of two articles as first author in high quality peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Experience conducting and designing research projects.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.