Research Associate, CPC
This is a full time staff position in the Cancer Prevention and Control (CPC) office at HackensackUMC. This unit has been created to support the LCCC-HUMC consortium for CCSG-related population sciences research. The Research Associate, CPC will conduct neuro-psych testing and interviewing as well as other duties defined below.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a Research Associate, CPC at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Manages recruitment and training for studies, serves as a liaison with other funded sites, coordinates activities across sites nationally and locally developing detailed day-to-day procedure manuals, and ensures protocol adherence and quality.
- Schedules testing and interviews, locates patients and controls, obtains consent, administers testing and conducts interviews. Notifies site staff or primary care providers of patients or controls who appear to be impaired or distressed.
- Enters and saves data from multiple sites in study database, assists with data management and data analysis, performs routine data quality assurance procedures, and resolves discrepancies.
- Assists in preparing and organizing study records, meetings, minutes, and writes draft reports and manuscripts.
- Manages payment, tracking, and documentation of patient study incentives.
- Assists in administrative tasks as assigned, including CCSG related requirements.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Must have a minimum of three years of direct CPC related experience.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and must have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent personal management and supervision skills.
- Research skills and responsibilities.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to prepare research reports.
- Ability to analyze budgetary line items for compliance with budget guidelines.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Database management skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state and/or community funding sources and mechanisms.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of persons ranging from external leaders of national organizations, senior faculty, to RA's. Must be able to make decisions and work with minimal direction.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree in related field.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.