Project Coordinator, CDI
The Project Coordinator, CDI tasks and provides professional administrative support to the Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI). This role is responsible for a broad range of duties related to supporting the planning, organization, and execution of investigator-initiated research studies. This role will also help facilitate research study associated activities, as well as lab activities. This role focuses on assisting with the management and overseeing the daily operations of the Perlin lab¿s research projects including interactions with external academic and industry partners. This role supports the research efforts of, and reports to, the Principal Investigator, Dr. David Perlin. This role will collaborate and support the Perlin lab members, Research Animal Facility members, as well as the CDI administrative team.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a Project Coordinator, CDI at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares and maintains project plans, tracks project progress, and prepares reports for clients or project stakeholders.
- Reviews project requirements, identifies interdependencies with internal or external departments or service providers, delegates responsibilities, and ensures that work is completed as needed.
- Schedules cross-functional meetings to facilitate collaboration.
- Maintains project-related documentation, including contracts, invoices, or payment records.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- PhD in a Science discipline
- At least 1 year of laboratory research experience
- Organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Project management skills.
- Drug discovery
- Research skills.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.