Professor Medical Sciences
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Professor, Medical Sciences will participate in the planning, implementation, and delivery of the Phase 1 curriculum at the SOM. The Professor, Medical Sciences will be expected to engage with and provide guidance for students, serve in various committee roles, and actively pursue independent scholarship and/or research, as appropriate.
A day in the life of a Professor, Medical Sciences at Hackensack Meridian Health School of Medicine can be described as follows:
- Participate in the School of Medicine's medical education program, which features an integrated 3+1 curriculum that allows students to develop an individualized 4th year program following a 3-year core curriculum. The curriculum emphasizes lifelong learning by students and the use of active learning pedagogy by faculty.
- Provide service to the School of Medicine and professional committees/communities.
- Be actively involved in curriculum improvement.
- Advise students.
- Assist in LCME, MSCHE, OSHE, NJ-BME, and DOE accreditation activities.
- Engage in research and scholarship to advance medical education and scientific knowledge.
- Perform other faculty duties and assume academic roles commensurate with rank and experience.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Terminal degree (Ph.D., M.D., D.O.) is required
- Expertise in one of the following is required: Pharmacology, Physiology, Anatomy, Pathology, Neuroanatomists, Histologists, and Embryologists
- Evidence of excellence in teaching in an undergraduate medical education and/or other health science settings is required
- Demonstrated scholarship (e.g., publications, presentations, patents, extramural grant-funding, research, etc.) in a relevant professional field is required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively employ active learning pedagogies is required
- Experience in team-based, problem-based, and case-based learning with students in both large and small class settings is preferred
- Demonstrated experience and ability in developing integrated medical science course materials for undergraduate medical students in both preclinical and clinical phases is preferred
- Skills necessary to contribute to the continued development of a department of medical sciences at an emergent allopathic medical school are preferred
- Experience in LCME accreditation activities and development of new medical schools is preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.