Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
The Professor, Associate will participate in the planning, implementation, and delivery of the Phase 1 curriculum at the SOM. The Associate Professor, Medical Sciences will be expected to engage with and provide guidance for students, serve in various committee roles, and actively pursue independent scholarship and/or research, as appropriate.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Terminal degree (Ph.D., M.D., D.O.) with specialization in a basic science field.
- Expertise in one of the following Pharmacology, Physiology, Pathology, Immunology/Microbiology, Anatomy/Neuroanatomy.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching in an undergraduate medical education and/or other health science settings.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience in team-based, problem-based, and case-based learning with students in both large and small class settings.
- Demonstrated scholarship (e.g., publications, patents, extramural grant-funding, reaearch, etc.) in a relevant professional field.
- Demondstrated ability to effectively employ active learning pedagogies.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in developing integrated medical science course materials for undergraduate medical students in both preclinical and clinical phases.
- Skills necessary to contribute to the continued development of a department of medical sciences at an emergent allopathic medical school.
- Experience in LCME accreditation activities and development of new medical schools.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.