Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Protein Biochemistry
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) is offering a Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Protien Biochemistry position to pursue studies of protein biochemistry applied to the characterization of major plasma membrane enzyme complexes in yeasts fungal pathogens, as part of the a drug resistance mechanisms in fungi research program. This role is expected to understand the project and work independently. This role takes responsibilities to develop and execute experimental procedures to advance the research project successfully. This role will be responsible for preparing data for presentations, progress reports, manuscripts and helps write grants.
A day in the life of a Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Protien Biochemistry at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Purification of membrane proteins from different fungal organisms using a variety of techniques.
- Prepares samples for Cryo-EM and Cryo-ET characterization.
- Collects, analyzes and interprets data.
- Assesses molecular mechanisms of drug resistance.
- Presents results in internal and external research forums.
- Writes manuscripts and grants, as appropriate.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Hold a Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Biology, Structural Biology or equivalent from an accredited graduate level institution.
- Minimum publication or in preparation of one article as first author in a reputable peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- Expertise in cell culture, cell engineering, flow cytometry, rodent handling and basic cellular and molecular biology techniques.
- Strong scientific background in protein purification and characterization with hands-on laboratory experience in the biochemical and biophysical characterization of proteins.
- Goal-oriented and highly adaptable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience in handling biological samples (specifically yeasts) and working in a BSL2 lab facility.
- Ability to think outside the box with regards to protein purification and provide innovative solutions towards solving complex purification problems.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.