Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Myeloma-Microbiome
The Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation is offering a position for postdoctoral studies in the field of cancer immunotherapy with a focus on the gut microbiome in the laboratory of Dr. Rena Feinman. The long-term goal of the laboratory's research program is to identify unique mic robiota-associated immunomodulatory biomarkers that predict refractory disease and early relapse in patients with multiple myeloma. The successful postdoctoral candidate should have a strong interest in the microbbiome, cancer biology and immuno-oncology. The candidate will perform in-vivo animal models, in vitro assays and bioinformatic analyses. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to understand the project and work independently, taking these responsibilities in the development and execution of experimental procedures to successfully advance the research project. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing data for presentations, progress reports and the preparation of manuscrpts and posters. The postdoctoral fellow is anticipated to have good communication and writing skills. The successful candidate will have a team oriented mindset for collaborative research.
1. Proficient at most gold standard assays to test genetic and immunologic functions.
2. Design and conduct animal studies using a vast array of genetic models.
3. Perform data analysis and interpretation.
4. Present results in internal and external research forums.
5. Participate in grant and manuscript writing, as appropriate.
1. Hold a Ph.D. in Microbiology, Immunology, or equivalent from an accredited graduate level institution.
2. Minimum publication or in preparation of one article as first author in a reputable peer-reviewed scientific journal.
3. Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
4. Expertise in cell culture, flow cytometry, mouse handling, and basic cellular and molecular biology techniques required.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.