Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Metastatic Breast Cancer
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation is offering a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the field of metastatic breast cancer and metabolic syndrome in the laboratory of Dr. Jyothi Nagajyothi. The long-term goal of the laboratory's research program is to identify the role of adipose tissue/adipocytes, both in physiological and pathological conditions, in the pathogenesis of metastatic breast cancer and metabolic syndromes. The laboratory utilizes murine models of metastasis and diabetes, primary cell culture, molecular biology techniques, high-end fluorescence microscopy, extracellular vesicles analysis, and patient samples to answer questions related to metastatic breast cancer and metabolic syndromes. These studies will hopefully lead to the discovery of potential biomarkers needed for early detection, intervention, and treatment of breast cancer/metastatic breast cancer and the prevention of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow interested in studying the cellular and metabolic mechanisms leading to obesity, diabetes and breast cancer.
A day in the life of a Postdoc Research Fellow, MBC at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Conducts research and/or laboratory tasks and experiments under direct supervision.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data.
- Creates reports from analysis of initial observations and conclusions.
- Presents findings to higher-level staff.
- Reviews experimental protocols, design, and documentation.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A Ph.D. degree in Cancer, Cellular, or Biochemistry, or in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience with adipocyte biology skills.
- Extensive experience in animal models of breast cancer.
- Experience with immunofluorescence staining, exosome isolation and flow cytometry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills, ability to conduct independent research, ability to work effectively in a team.
- Strong interest in the adipose tissue biology, cancer biology and immunotherapy.
- Proficient in mouse handling/ experimentation, models of cancer, and performing real-time PCR, RT-PCR, immunoblotting, ELISA, microarray analysis, IHC/IF, standard cell culture, and fluorescence & confocal microscopy.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.