Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Infectious Disease
including the new Hackensack Meridian Health School of Medicine located next to CDI. The overarching research focus in the Shor lab is on understanding factors influencing genetic stability and evolution of drug resistance in fungal pathogens The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in molecular biology, cell biology, genetics, microbiology, or related discipline, extensive expertise in molecular biology, genetics, and genomics, and a strong desire to pursue molecular studies at the interface between basic and translational research.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A Day in the life of a Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Infectious Disease at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assess molecular mechanisms of drug resistance.
- Design and conduct animal studies of infection.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation.
- Present results in internal and external research forums.
- Participate in grant and manuscript writing, as appropriate.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Hold a Ph.D. in Microbiology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biological/Biomolecular sciences, or equivalent from an accredited graduate level institution.
- Minimum publication or in preparation of one article as first author in a reputable peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Expertise in cell culture, cell engineering, flow cytometry, rodent handling, and basic cellular and molecular biology techniques required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience with animal models and working in a BSL2/BSL3 lab facility.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.