Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Immunology
The Postdoc Research Fellow Immunology will work under the guidance of Member Scientist to prepare the characterization of T lymphocytes data for presentations, progress reports, and the preparation of manuscripts and posters. The Postdoc Rsch Fllw Immunology will also perform cell cultures and FACS/flow cytometry of cells and tissues from genetically modified mouse models.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Immunology at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Perform Nextgen sequencing library preparations for whole-genome and whole epigenome analyses.
- Perform cell culture and FACS/flow cytometry of cells and tissues from genetically modified mouse models.
- Interpret the resulting data and prepare or contribute to initial drafts of scientific manuscripts, both as primary author for new projects and co-author for helping other lab members in completing existing projects.
- Present experimental results at lab meetings and seminars.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ph.D. Biology or biology-related area from an accredited institution.
- Expertise in cell culture, cell engineering, flow cytometry, rodent handling, and basic cellular and molecular biology techniques required.
- Show evidence of scientific productivity and writing skills, documented by authorship in publications.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Preferred laboratory methodologies include advanced knowledge in molecular biology, that in hematopoietic stem cells, specific knowledge in T lymphocyte biology, and/or the ability to use bioinformatics algorithms to process next generation sequencing data.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.