Postdoctoral Research Fellow, COVID
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Postdoc Research Fellow, COVID will work under the guidance of the Principal Investigator and senior lab staff to perform research in the area of COVID-19 drug discovery and development. The research involves the use of a variety of technical laboratory experimentation including high content screening for drug response evaluation, perform pre-clinical animal efficacy studies and assess drug response in tissues under biosafety level 3 containment. This role will have high level interactions with research partners in both academia and private sector and will have the opportunity to develop molecular assays, work with state-of-the art technologies and equipment. This role is expected to understand the project and work independently taking responsibilities in the development and execution of experimental procedures to successfully advance each research project. This role will be responsible for preparation of data for presentations, progress reports, and the preparation of manuscripts.
A day in the life of an Experience Ambassador at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Conducts research and/or laboratory tasks and experiments under direct supervision such as:
- High Content Screening.
- Cell Culture of primary cells and cell lines.
- Molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR, RNA/DNA extraction preparation and/or ELISAs.
- Designs and conducts small animal studies to assess novel therapeutics to treat COVID-19.
- Collects, analyzes and interprets data.
- Presents results in internal and external research forums such as scientific conferences, lab meetings and institutional seminars.
- Participates in grant and manuscript writing, as appropriate.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A Ph.D. degree in Cancer, Cellular, or Biochemistry, or in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- bility to conduct independent research.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- High content screening.
- Cell culture of human primary cells and cell lines.
- Molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR, RNA/DNA extraction/preparation and/or ELISAs.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.