Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Oncogenesis
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation is offering a position for postdoctoral studies in the field of cancer signaling and gene expression in the laboratory of Dr. Byungwoo Ryu. The goal of the laboratory’s research program is to unravel the cancer epigenome regulating mechanisms which can be targeted for the sensitization to the precision therapies in the hope of translating these therapeutic modalities to have long-term clinical benefit. The Ryu laboratory focuses on investigating chromatin remodeling enzymes, such as histone and DNA modifiers and gene transcription factors as potential targets for overcoming the resistance of oncogene-targeting therapies and enhancing the objective therapy response rate of immune check-point blockade therapies. The Ryu laboratory uses chemical genetics approaches including small molecule inhibitors, genome/epigenome-wide profiling, gene-editing technology, and animal models. Successful postdoctoral candidate will have a strong interest in cancer biology, epigenetics, and immuno-oncology. The candidate will perform in vivo animal models and in vitro analyses. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to understand the project and work independently taking responsibilities in the development and execution of experimental procedures to successfully advance the research project. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing data for presentations, progress reports, and the preparation of manuscripts and posters. The post-doctoral fellow is anticipated to have good communication and writing skills. The successful candidate will have a team-oriented mindset and will provide guidance to junior members.
- Proficient at most gold standard assays in molecular biology and genetics.
- Design and conduct animal studies using a vast array of genetic models.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation.
- Present results in internal and external research forums.
- Participate in grant and manuscript writing, as appropriate.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Hold a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cancer biology or equivalent from an accredited graduate level institution.
- Minimum publication or in preparation of one article as first author in a reputable peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Expertise in cell culture, flow cytometry, mouse handling, and basic cellular and molecular biology techniques required.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Knowledge and experience with RNA/DNA extraction, PCR and qPCR analysis, and next generation sequencing/bioinformatics a plus.
Required Certification/Licensing: Not applicable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.