Medical Education Program Manager
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Medical Education Program Manager will work closely with leadership and staff members of the Office of Medical Education, faculty members, and students. This position would be responsible for leading, facilitating, and administratively organizing the activities, goals, and initiatives of the Office of Medical Education. Coordinates, executes and implements projects for the Office of Medical Education. Provides key support and project management functions to leaders, physicians, and associates. Some project based work this individual will perform includes but is not limited to contract negotiation, project creation, tracking and implementation of new processes and procedures.
A day in the life of a Medical Education Program Manager at Hackensack Meridian Health School of Medicine can be described as follows:
- Leadership and oversight over general office functions of temporary employees and administrative assistants
- Oversight over coordinator level team members and will lead best practice team throughout the curriculum coordinators
- Developing and maintaining project work plans and schedules using project management software
- Creating and tracking budgets; tracking and managing payment of invoices from various contractors
- Setting up and maintaining file sharing and saving procedures through transition from SHU to HMH
- Managing contract creation, legal negotiation and signing process for all vendors used throughout the OME curriculum
- Creation and management of project management structure for all projects related to the OME including staffing, budget, contract and curriculum management.
- Regularly communicating project status and key risks to project sponsors and stakeholders
- Planning and coordination of events and meetings sponsored by the OME
- Manage purchase orders and expense reimbursements as related to project goals and completion
- Manage telephone, electronic, and in-person best practice communication with various types of individuals, including clinicians, faculty, staff, students and School of Medicine, University, and Health System leaders and their staffs
- Individually complete defined/assigned projects
- Assist and/or lead project identification, selection and prioritization
- Maintain project status reporting, planning, and support the project teams in meeting project deadlines
- Designing innovative and effective systems to track data for the SOM community
- Work in coordination with all employees and management leadership to analyze, monitor and assess critical activities affecting policy, organizational guidance, and developmental processes
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience is required
- Experience working in a higher education institution, ideally having addressed student questions and issues directly with students and/or faculty or staff is preferred
- Familiarity with educational/business software, including SharePoint, learning management systems, curriculum management systems is preferred
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate competency with various software systems (Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and Doodle)
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Must be highly organized
- Consistently demonstrated good judgement, decision-making capability, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to strategically manage evolving priorities and work in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve shared goals
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.