Medical Education Learning Specialist
The Medical Education Learning Specialist position is responsible for providing high-level academic support to the medical students in all phases of the curriculum in the School of Medicine. Provide direct academic support services as well as administrative support for the student success program. This position reports to the Associate/Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and Wellbeing.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
- Provides direct academic support services and assists in operations of the Office of Student Affairs and Wellbeing.
- Teaches workshops and seminars to groups of students about study and test-taking strategies and time management.
- Develops and coordinates tutoring services.
- Teaches seminars and provides individual counselling to students preparing for standardized exams such as USMLE Step 1 and Step 2; Plans and directs remedial programs.
- Maintains reports and completes forms regarding student academic support.
- Monitors student progress; prepares communications as needed.
- Organizes and inputs pertinent information into student information management software.
- Assists the Associate/Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Wellbeing with key department projects/priorities, to include reviewing reports and assisting with planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree in Cognitive or Educational Psychology or related field.
- Minimum of 2 year of relevant work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to track students, manage appointments, relate to students and respond to their needs.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within general guidelines established by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Doctoral Degree in Cognitive or Educational Psychology or related field.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.