Manager, Clinical Immunology
The Manager, Clinical Immunology develops and operates the CIC shared resource for CDI and its-associated Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center consortium. This role will focus on providing expertise and technical services required for carrying out comprehensive analyses of immune phenotyping and immune function using multiple modalities including but not limited to flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, and RNA-based analyses of immune mechanisms associated with clinical studies. This role works with Principal Investigators and Clinicians from project conception to completion, including data analysis and assistance with manuscript and grant application preparation. This role supervises highly trained technical staff(s) and works hands-on in the laboratory.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a Manager, Clinical Immunology at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Plans effective strategies to complete a variety of immunology projects simultaneously.
- Conducts experiments and develops laboratory procedures required for its function.
- Oversees the performance of Flow Cytometry services, including but not limited to, cell sorting and analysis.
- Implements and approves all standard operating procedures and reviews schedules for laboratory assays.
- Performs and oversees performance of in vitro immune monitoring technologies such as Immunophenotyping, cellular characterization and determines tumor-associated immune mechanisms.
- Develops and calculates actual cost rates for services and assays, coordinates with finance and shared resource administration.
- Manages staff development and training, including but not limited to goal setting and performance reviews.
- Maintains a robust research and development platform to explore new technologies, develops new assays and troubleshoots current assays in accordance with the research needs of the institute.
- Performs and oversees state-of-the-art preclinical immune monitoring.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Hold a M.D. or Ph.D. degree from an accredited medical school or graduate level institution and a minimum of three years of post-doctoral research experience or other applicable research experience in a qualified laboratory, or a master's degree in a relevant science with a minimum of 5 years of related research experience in the defined field.
- Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in flow cytometers.
- Minimum of three peer-reviewed publications from prior work experience.
- Experience conducting and designing research projects.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience with characterizing innate and adaptive immune effector cells and regulatory mechanism and cell-based analysis of immune function.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.