Manager, Associate Member
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Manager, Associate Member in the HMH Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) shall perform such duties/objectives as requested by the Chief Scientific Officer of the CDI for the conduct of basic scientific and/or translational research.
A day in the life of a Manager, Associate Member at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- The CDI expects the Manager, Associate Member to cover at least 50% of their salary as direct costs on research grants.
- The Manager, Associate Member is expected to use reasonable professional effort to acquire grant funding and philanthropic support to cover as much as possible of the operating expenses and salaries of support personnel for their research laboratory at the HMH CDI.
- Maximum allotted time for professional activities away from the Hackensack University Medical Center of 30 days. Professional activities include; scientific consulting, editorial work, seminar participation, scientific training, service on NIH study sections and review panels and attendance at national and international science meetings.
- Oversees the operation of the lab processes and lab staff.
- Establishes, maintains, and administers the financial longevity of the lab.
- Develops and works within the budget of the lab.
- Establishes and develops strategic goals of the lab.
- Recommends, creates, and develops policies, practices, and procedures of the lab.
- Responsible for recommending personnel decisions such as hiring, terminating, and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for guiding, mentoring, and evaluating the performance of the appropriate lab staff.
- Minimum on site work of 40 hours each week.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Hold a M.D. or Ph.D. degree from an accredited medial school or graduate level institution.
- Demonstrated involvement in program development, performance improvement, and research activities.
- Minimum 3 years in a funded research program at the Assistant Member, Assistant Professor or equivalent rank.
- Extensive experience/independent NIH and/or foundation funding.
- Professional peer-review experience as an ad hoc manuscript or grant reviewer or on either Editorial Boards of Journals or Grant Review Committees.
- Minimum publication of 15 articles in scientific journals or book chapters while in rank as an Assistant Scientist, Assistant Professor or equivalent rank. The candidate must be first or last author on a majority of these publications.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.