Manager, Assistant Member, Infectious Disease
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Manager, Assistant Member, Infectious Disease in the HMH Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) shall perform such duties/objectives as requested by the Dir, Member Scientist for the conduct of basic scientific and/or translational research.
A day in the life of a Manager, Assistant Member, Infectious Disease at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Execute research objectives, training staff, ensuring proper handling of data, and maintaining a professional research environment for an initial 4-year employment term.
- Following the initial 4-year employment term, the Mgr, Assistant Member will use reasonable professional effort to acquire sufficient grant funding and philanthropic support to cover 50% of their salary and all operating expenses and salaries for their laboratory staff at Hackensack University Medical Center.
- Maximum allotted time for professional activities away from the Hackensack University Medical Center of 60 days. Professional activities include; scientific consulting, editorial work, seminar participation, service on NIH study sections and review panels and attendance at national and international science meetings.
- Oversees the operation of the lab processes and lab staff.
- Works within the budget of the lab.
- Creates goals for research projects.
- Recommends, creates, and develops policies, practices, and procedures of the lab.
- Designs quality and productivity standards of the lab.
- Responsible for recommending personnel decisions such as hiring, terminating, and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for guiding, mentoring, and evaluating the performance of the appropriate lab staff.
- Minimum 40 hours each week.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Hold a M.D. or Ph.D. degree from an accredited medical school or graduate level institution.
- Demonstrated involvement in program development, performance improvement, and research activities.
- Minimum of 6 years total experience including appointment as either a Postdoctoral Fellow, Research Associate, or Instructor, unless candidate has already obtained adequate independent research funding at the Federal or Foundation level (in which case a minimum of 3 years total post-degree experience is required).
- Strong experience and/or grant submission experience as Principal Investigator.
- Minimum publication of 10 articles in scientific journals or book chapters. The candidate must be first or last author on a majority of these publications.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- An expert in infectious diseases.
- Proficient at molecular and cellular biology applications.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience developing research programs and ability to write grants.
- Experience managing scientific support personnel.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.