Lead Research Assoc Immunology
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Lead Research Associate Immunology is in the field of cancer immunotherapy and allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. This role will work under the guidance of Member Scientist to prepare the characterization of immune cells and tissue stem cells, production of recombinant viral vectors used for engineering of immune cells and tissue stem cells, data for presentations, progress reports, and actively participate in the preparation of manuscripts and grant applications. This role will also work independently and take responsibilities in the development and execution of experimental procedures to successfully advance the research projects.
A day in the life of a Lead Research Associate of Immunology at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Conducts research and/or laboratory tasks and experiments under general supervision.
- Performs Nextgen sequencing library preparations for whole-genome and whole epigenome analyses.
- Performs cell culture and FACS/flow cytometry of cells and tissues from genetically modified mouse models.
- Performs experimental immunotherapy studies using mice and engineered immune cells.
- Produces immune cells for experimental immunotherapy studies in animals.
- Interprets the resulting data and prepare or contribute to initial drafts of scientific manuscripts, both as primary author for new projects and co-author for helping other lab members in completing existing projects.
- Creates reports from analysis of initial observations and conclusions.
- Presents experimental results at lab meetings, seminars, and national conferences.
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Leads the work of Sr. Research Associates and Research Associates.
- Reviews the work of Sr. Research Associates and Research Associates.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behaviors
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ph.D. degree in Biology or Biology-related area.
- Minimum 5 years of post-doctoral research experience, plus additional 1 year of research associate/research scientist applicable research experience in a qualified laboratory in academia or industry.
- Minimum of ten peer-reviewed publications from prior work experience.
- Experience conducting and designing research projects.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership role in preparing research projects.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.