Laboratory Coordinator, Flow Cyto/Microscopy
The Flow Cyto/Microscopy Lab Coord will function under the supervision of the Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) Lab Operations Director. The qualified candidate will have an exciting opportunity to establish a world class Flow Cytometry and Microscopy Core Facility, responsible for implementing best in class flow cytometry and cell sorting practices and standardization of all procedures, as well as offering training for core lab users. Additionally, the position will serve as a point of contact for all scheduling of maintenance and repairs. The candidate will work with CDI administration on charge back of services provided.
- Design and implement core lab operating procedures.
- Optimize and standardize flow cytometry systems.
- Establish best practices for cell sorting.
- Offer guidance on multicolor panel design, as well as troubleshoot and resolve performance issues.
- Educate current and new users on best practices of experimental design, acquisition, and analysis of flow cytometric data; Contribute and expand cytometry educational outreach efforts.
- Establish and maintain Data Organization and Data Management.
- Provide a safe working environment for facility users and monitors safety compliance.
- Participate in the selection of new facility equipment and software with advancing technology.
- Support maintenance of flow cytometry equipment: FACSymphony, LSR Fortessa, FACS Celesta, FACS Canto, Accuri, FACS Presto, FACS Melody, FACS Lyric, early development and prototype instruments; Contribute to ongoing instrument characterization and optimization efforts.
- Keep current on cytometry technologies & evaluate the competitive landscape; Interact with peers and experts in the field to keep abreast of advances in cytometry related fields.
- Integrate sorting and single cell genomic workflows.
- Provide a critical user perspective in development of next generation reagents, instruments, software, and workflow solutions.
- Design and execute technical studies to define best-practices with emerging technologies.
- Design and develop specialized methods and/or techniques to provide new protocols in cytometric procedures and assays.
- Evaluate and provide key insight into users experience, instrument design, and software capabilities.
- Serve as multi-functional resource to Customer Education, Technical Applications Specialists, and Field Service Engineers.
Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center’s Organizational Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience operating flow cytometers.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a Flow Core Facility or specialized flow laboratory.
- Demonstrated expertise in flow cytometry instrument set up and optimization, instrument characterization methods, QC methods, as well as instrument maintenance.
- Advanced experience and expertise with BD flow cytometry instrumentation and cell sorting.
- Software expertise (FACSDiva, FACSChorus, FlowJo, FCS Express).
- Knowledge of advanced FACS principles.
- Requires strong analytical problem-solving experience.
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.