Institutional Effectiveness Specialist
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Institutional Effectiveness Specialist is a key member of the Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment team and will report to the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment. Responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting institutional data, primarily for accrediting and regulatory agencies, both at the state and federal level, college ranking sites, and institutional effectiveness initiatives.. While prior IR experience is preferred, candidates with relevant higher education experience will also be considered.
A day in the life of a Institutional Effectiveness Specialist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Collect, manage, and maintain institutional data.
- Provide relevant, timely and accurate institutional information to administrators, the SOM community, the external community, and external agencies.
- Coordinate and perform institutional research/data collection as required for accrediting bodies, state and federal agencies, and to serve the information needs of the institution.
- Develop and maintain a great familiarity with applicable reporting guidelines, campus and systemwide policies, data dictionaries, current higher education data trends, and emerging issues.
- Participate in the SOMs Data Governance Committee and assist in development and maintenance of data governance policies and procedures.
- Ensure data integrity, quality assurance, reporting compliance, and ensure that institutional data collection and reporting processes are reliable, valid, and ethical.
- Manage the collection, analysis, reporting and monitoring of data related to the SOMs strategic plan.
- Organize and coordinate administrative assessment processes and activities, and assist in the development and measurement of administrative unit outcomes.
- Support the data and reporting needs of the SOMs Institutional Quality Improvement (IQI) Committee.
- Develop dashboards and data visualizations to support institutional research, planning and decision-making.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of IEA.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Master's degree in statistics, social sciences, educational research, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in higher education and specialized accreditation processes.
- Knowledge of state and/or federal reports and reporting procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of survey research principles and quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Experience developing, administering and analyzing surveys and evaluation rubrics.
- Experience using software for quantitative/qualitative analysis and visual presentation of data/reports such as Google 9. Workspace (Sheets , Docs , Slides ), SAS, SPSS, Survey Monkey, and Tableau.
- Experience creating and publishing data books/fact books.
- Experience working with large data sets, verifying, and checking data thoroughly for accuracy and completeness; and importing and exporting files.
- Experience in content-management systems such as Google Drive.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience with health professions education, specifically medical education, strongly preferred.
- Experience in strategic planning assessment.
- Experience with database systems.
- Programming skills, for example, SQL, python, SPSS, and R to extract data from large databases and manipulate them, including transposing dataset.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.