Human Dimension Course Coord
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Human Dimension Course Coord will oversee the daily operations of the Human Dimension course working closely with course directors, medical students, and community members under the supe1vision of SOM leadership. In this unique 3 year course, students will be immersed in communities and linked to families, developing a longitudinal relationship in order to better understand the human dimensions of an individua's health experience. The course content will be integrated with all other elements of the SOM's curriculum, and will bring to life the many determinants of health. In this role, you will be responsible for operationalizing the course and managing the daily activities faculty, students, and families will participate in.
A Day in the Life of a Human Dimension Course Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Support in the development, implementation, monitoring, and enhancement of all operational elements of the HD course.
- Support and enhance the recruitment, development, monitoring, and collaboration with community agencies, sites, and families within the course.
- Develop, implement, and manage student-family assignments, student small group assignments, faculty schedules, and special events.
- Assist in ensuring implementation, adherence, monitoring, and continuous improvement of all policies and procedures related to the course, including those regarding safety and operations.
- Process evaluation reports according to the SOM's Curriculum Management Plan and related SOM policies -as related to students, faculty, other pa1tners, and the course generally.
- Participate in SOM related activities, including serving on curriculum operations and other committees, participating in the SOM's Curriculum Management Plan development, participation in accreditation-related activities, and other duties as needed.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree - field of study Education, Social Work, Business Administration or related.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Microsoft Office suite skills essential.
- Ability to draft own documents.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.