Financial Aid Counselor
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Financial Aid Counselor reports to the Director of Financial Services and is responsible for providing guidance and counseling to current and prospective students on all related financial aid programs, eligibility criteria, application procedures, costs, indebtedness and financial planning at the Hackensack Meridian Health SOM at Seton Hall University. The Financial Aid Counselor oversees related communication with students and parents and cultivates relationships with external members of the university community.
1. Counsel and advise continuing and prospective students on financing their education at the Hackensack Meridian Health School of Medicine at Seton Hall.
2. Counsel students about financial aid process, requirements for eligibility, rights and responsibilities and other information about grants, loans and scholarships.
3. Verify and reconcile students' eligibility for financial aid programs (federal, state and private).
4. Ensure compliance with federal, state and university financial aid regulations and policies.
5. Assist with financial aid processing. Notify students of missing information or documents.
6. Review, update and input financial aid information in Banner and internal system databases as well as external sites including but not limited to COD, CPS, NSLDS.
7. Assist with developing and maintaining an accurate and up-to-date Policy and Procedures Manual.
8. Update and maintain financial aid website.
9. Create and update documents for financial aid process.
10. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
11. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's Degree required.
2. Working knowledge of federal Title IV and NJ State financial aid regulations.
3. Working knowledge of automated data base systems (preferably Banner or PeopleSoft) demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills.
4. Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
5. Provide excellent customer service to students, their families and staff.
6. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
7. Ability to communicate with a diverse population.
8. Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction. Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Two years financial aid or related experience preferred.
2. Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred.
3. Knowledge of practices and resources preferred.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.