Faculty Development Trainer
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
The Faculty Development Trainer will be responsible for training primarily clinical faculty members in various aspects of clinical teaching. This will occur in either the inpatient or outpatient setting depending on the needs of the School of Medicine. Will help to develop and implement clinical teaching programs, under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Student, Resident and Faculty Development. Faculty development programs will be developed/implemented for both Phase 1 (pre-clerkship) Phase 2 (clerkship) faculty members, Phase 3 (advanced study) and will take place within the clinical setting. Frequent site visits of clinical offices and clinics will be key of the individualized faculty development program along with large workshops and webinars.
Please attach a cover letter and resume when applying to this position.
A day in the life of a Faculty Development Trainer at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Plan and conduct site visits to ambulatory practices and/or inpatient setting for site evaluation and faculty development. Develop and manage a diverse portfolio of educational training programs for faculty/residents to support clinical teaching of medical educators at the school of medicine.
- Implement faculty development programs with oversight of all program logistics including scheduling, reserve space, arranging AV services, ordering food and supplies and coordinating registration for programs.
- Assess faculty needs for training development, and providing guidance regarding programs, especially for new and junior faculty.
- Develop faculty development programs embedded in the clinical setting that are targeted to different levels of faculty and residents in different clinical settings.
- Assist in the creation of interprofessional educational (IPE) programs in the context of care delivery with nursing, APN, PAÂ¿s, PharmaD, Dental and other health care related fields.
- Plan and conduct site visits to ambulatory practices and/or inpatient settings for site evaluation and faculty development. Develop and manage a diverse portfolio of educational training programs for faculty/residents to support clinical teaching of medical educators.
- Help develop and deliver the Â¿residents as teaches (RAT) and Â¿Faculty as TeachersÂ¿ required curriculum for all residents and faculty who teach our students.
- Assess faculty needs for training, development, and providing guidance regarding programs, especially for new and junior faculty.
- Develop faculty development programs embedded in the clinical setting that are targeted to different levels of faculty in different clinical settings.
- Under supervision help to develop and implement faculty development programs with oversight of all program logistics including scheduling, reserve space, arranging A/V services, ordering food and supplies, and coordinating registration for programs with the help of administrative assistants.
- Assist in the creation of inter-professional educational (IPE) programs in the context of care delivery with nursing, APN, PAÂ¿s, PharmD, Dental and other health care related fields.
- Utilize and assist in the development of technology (including web-based programming) to disseminate faculty development programs and context specific content for faculty.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and analysis of assessment tools for faculty development programs. 16.Pursue opportunities for educational scholarship.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in higher Education or related fields such as health education.
- Experience teaching in small group settings and public speaking in large group settings
- Demonstrated leadership in assessment of need and developing faculty development programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (e.g., with students, faculty, etc.) with the ability to develop trusting mentoring relationships
- Experience with active learning pedagogies and the ability to integrate technology into learning.
- Adept at small group/large group facilitation.
- Well-developed ability to provide feedback, both formative and summative, for all level of learners.
- Understanding of underlying adult theory and how teams learn and work in the real world.
- MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to utilize technology for webinars, U-Tube, Audience Response etc.
- Ability to help develop course faculty development guides.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree.
- Minimum of 1 year of full-time faculty development experience in a medical school or academic medical center/hospital setting
- Experience working in an inter-professional educational (IPE) setting
- Experience in faculty development in an ambulatory or inpatient clinical setting
- Faculty development experience in programs that cut across medical education in UGME, GME and CME, as well as a wide range of academic medical fields.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.