Executive Director, Development, School of Medicine
How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Executive Director, Development, Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine is responsible for managing and building the School of Medicine's overall fundraising program, with a primary emphasis on identifying key strategic funding priorities which have the opportunity to be funded by major- and principal-level giving donors and prospects capable of making a charitable investment toward those priorities. S/he will work with the internal stakeholders of the School of Medicine to develop and implement key fundraising strategies and guide the overall fundraising program as well as develop a comprehensive engagement program for SOM alumni.
A day in the life of a Executive Director, Development, School of Medicine at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Formulates, organizes, directs and implements a comprehensive development program for the School of Medicine, with a focus on major and principal gifts, as well as building and managing a successful alumni program.
- Using creativity, strategy, and resourcefulness, builds the major gift pipeline for the School of Medicine.
- Makes appropriate recommendations to School of Medicine leadership and appropriate faculty concerning their roles and involvement in the identification, cultivation and/or solicitation of donor prospects. Facilitates face-to-face interactions with donors and prospects as appropriate.
- Develops strategies and builds, plans and implements a broad range of programs, events and communications to engage student, resident and alumni of the School of Medicine in an effort to strengthen their relationship with Hackensack Meridian Health.
- Maintains an understanding and knowledge of the interests and expectations of the School of Medicine's major and principal gifts donors, prospects and alumni and communicates with those donors and prospects on a regular basis in order to cultivate an interest in and a desire to support School of Medicine.
- Works collaboratively with development teams to develop and manage engagement, solicitation and stewardship strategies for high-capacity prospective donors.
- Develops and continually grows a personal, in-depth knowledge of the School of Medicine's programs and priorities and collaborates with School of Medicine leadership to develop an overall strategic plan detailing long-term and short-term vision, goals and strategies and aligns donors toward that plan.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with current and prospective individual, corporate and foundation major donors to ensure ongoing philanthropic support.
- Executes regular communications and stewardship with donors, including ensuring proper acknowledgement of gifts and pledge payments.
- Documents all contacts, communications, visits, and proposals in the donor management system.
- Works in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented environment.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- It is understood that the Executive Director's role will evolve or change with the priority needs and direction of HMHF, as determined by the Chief Development Officer of HMHF.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in major gift fundraising at a hospital, educational institution or not-for-profit organization.
- A minimum of five years of significant experience and established track record in major and principal gift fundraising, including capital campaigns.
- An articulate, genuine touch; professional enthusiasm; ability to innovate and be resourceful; a strong work ethic; superior oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collegial team player able to interact effectively with diverse internal and external constituencies.
- Effective in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and eager to contribute to the collaborative goals of an organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments and deadlines. 10. Highly functional with Google Office platform.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Working knowledge of fundraising principles and practices desirable.
- Medical school fundraising experience preferred.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.