Director, Student Affairs and Wellbeing
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Under the direction of and in collaboration with the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Wellbeing, the Director, Student Affairs and Wellbeing is responsible for development and leadership concerning student life and the learning environment, including oversight and improvement. This role will serve as a liaison with SHU and HMH services and community offices and external accrediting and other organizations. This role will provide general oversight for staffing, daily operations, assessment and planning for the department of Student Affairs and Wellbeing.
Join us on a virtual tour of the School of Medicine!
A day in the life of the Director, Student Affairs and Wellbeing can be described as follows:
- Responsible for developing policies and procedures, implementation, assessment and manage improvement planning for all student affairs and wellbeing activities and functions, e.g. enrollment, student support and wellness, career advising, interview process/residency matching, student interest group and visiting students.
- Oversee budget planning and personnel hiring for Office of Student Affairs and Wellbeing.
- Oversee compliance, including medical clearance and required annual institutional training, as well as accreditation activities.
- Prepare annual reports of student activities and organizations.
- Maintain annual calendar of activities and ensure website pages for the Office of Student Affairs and Wellbeing are always current.
- Ensure processes are in place to secure student data.
- Oversee the development of annual orientation for entering students, planning of White Coat Ceremony and graduation.
- Assist with key projects of the SOM and Office of Student Affairs and Wellbeing, e.g. student wellbeing events and activities, inter-professional education programs, and recruitment.
- Supervise administrative staff that support all functions of the department and ensure assignments are appropriately distributed.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master's degree is preferred
- Five (5) or more years of higher education experience with progressive responsibility is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products Excel, Word, Outlook, education management software systems (blackboard, new innovations, or similar) is required
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills to develop and update informational materials; policies and procedures, correspond with those internal and external to SOM.
- Progressive responsibility in higher education is preferred
- Medical school experience is preferred
- Experience in higher education support services (academic, enrollment knowledge or services, disability or wellness services) is preferred
- Knowledge of undergraduate medical education training requirements and accreditation is preferred
- Knowledge of student information systems (e.g., PeopleSoft, Banner) is preferred
- Familiarity with specific medical school resources (e.g. AAMC) and regulations is preferred, including: State, Federal and LCME
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.