Director, Research Animal Models
The Director of Research Animal
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a Director of Research Animal Models at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Manages research staff members and coordinates the lab animal research activities for various sponsored research projects.
- Develops new small animal models for cancer and infectious diseases.
- Trains research personnel on various small animal surgical techniques.
- Provides assistance and Veterinary consultation to principal investigators as required.
- Prepares budgets for animal research projects and write up for grant submission and progress reports.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of experience in Lab Animal Medicine.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Employment contingent upon successful completion of an FBI background check and/or other regulatory approvals for admittance to BSL3 facilities and/or select agent facilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience with the AAALAC accreditation process.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Licensed in the state of New Jersey to practice veterinary medicine.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.