Deputy Chief Scientific Officer, Associate Member
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
The Deputy CSO Assoc Member will serve as the Deputy Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) of the HMH Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) as a senior management position reporting directly to the CSO and Chief Operating Officer of the CDI. This role will promote excellence in scholarship and research, assume adherence to the highest ethical standards of research, and facilitate clinical translation of research efforts. This role will work to operationalize the research infrastructure necessary to advance the mission and, in concert with the Chief Scientific Officer, represents the CDI internally at HMH and externally to funders, donors and stakeholders. In addition, Deputy CSO/Associate Member shall perform such duties/objectives as requested by the Chief Scientific Officer of the CDI for the conduct of basic scientific and/or translational research.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- M.D. or Ph.D. from an accredited medical school or graduate program.
- Has an NIH funded research program and track-record of sustained funding.
- Demonstrates strong administrative involvement in research program development, performance improvement, and research activities.
- Minimum of 10 or more years of experience in senior management of research and program building
- Extensive experience/independent NIH and/or foundation funding.
- Professional peer-review experience as an ad hoc manuscript or grant reviewer or on either Editorial Boards of Journals or Grant Review Committees.
- Minimum publication of 50 articles in scientific journals or book chapters while in rank as an Associate Scientist, Associate . Professor or equivalent rank. The candidate must be first or last author on a majority of these publications.
- Must possess leadership skills including but not limited to the ability to persuade, inspire, engage, execute, think strategically, work through others, manage conflict, build a trusting environment, and to be decisive.
- Must also possess the leadership characteristics of integrity, honesty, emotional maturity, ethics, and passion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.