Coordinator, Phase III
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Coordinator, Phase 3 will oversee the day-to-day delivery of the Phase 3 curriculum. The Phase 3 coordinator will collaborate with the Director, Office of Medical Education, the Association Dean of Medical Education, the Vice Dean for the Medical Education Continuum, and the Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies to review and monitor student placement and outcomes of the Year 4 Programs.
A day in the life of a Coordinator, Phase III at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
- Initiate and coordinate support of rotation, elective, and course directors, faculty, staff, and students with needs related to curriculum delivery, including communication, distribution of curricular materials, and interfacing with the School of Medicine's Learning and Curricular Management systems.
- Review, discuss and make recommendations regarding Year 4 clinical activities.
- Responsible for ensuring implementation, adherence, monitoring, and continuous improvement of all policies and procedures related to Phase 3, including those regarding safety and operations.
- Initiate meetings on a regular basis with Phase 3 Operational Leads (Assoc Dean, Med Ed, Assoc Dean, Med Ed Continuum, Assoc Dean, and Research) address needs and create plans.
- Participate in SOM related activities, including serving on curriculum operations and other committees, participating in the SOM's Curriculum Management Plan, and participation in accreditation-related activities.
- Lead preparation and maintenance of a variety of reports and records for rotation/elective directors, SOM leadership, and curricular committees.
- Interface and collaborate with the Office of Student Affairs and Well-being related to Phase 3 programming including related to student advising and student Individualized Learning Plans (ILP)
- Assist in scheduling special events as related to the Phase 3 curriculum and set up and maintain various electronic data systems for the Phase 3 courses.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Public Health, Healthcare Administration or related is required
- Master's degree is preferred
- Two (2) or more years of relevant work experience is required
- Experience in relevant areas such as operations, team management, goal setting and monitoring, and/or curriculum is required
- Microsoft Office suite skills are required
- Demonstrated flexibility in establishing new programs from the ground up or other endeavor requiring adaptability is required
- Familiarity with learning management and student assessment systems is required
- Proficiency with database management software and creating reports is required
- Must have effective interpersonal, organizational and planning, team-building, and problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent communication, administration, and organizational skills
- Must be a vision oriented self-starter with a big picture growth mindset
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.