How haveYOUimpacted someone's life today? AtHackensack MeridianHealth our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Community Liaison functions as part of the Community Programs team, under the umbrella of the Office of Medical Education, to support all of the community immersion components of the Human Dimension (HD) Course, namely the Human Dimension Voices Program (HDVP). In this program, pairs of medical students are matched with individuals and families in the community and will partner with those individuals and communities over time throughout the core curriculum of their medical education. The role will be a network builder, making connections between community residents, supporting advocacy efforts, and providing feedback on the implementation of the HD course's community immersion efforts. The role will serve as a continuity point of contact for community members. The role will also be integral in the analysis of community health needs, developing ongoing relationships with the community, and interfacing with faculty, course directors, students, and community agencies.
A day in the life of a Community Liaison at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Recruits families to participate in the SOM's Human Dimension course.
- Establishes and maintains contact with the individuals and families involved in the HD program to ensure retention of participants in the course.
- Builds relationships with community agencies to determine services the SOM can provide the community.
- Partners with the Community Outreach department within Hackensack Meridian Health to determine appropriate opportunities for the medical students and resources for the families they work with in local communities
- Reviews population health information to contribute in the overall decision- making and direction of the HD program.
- Analyzes the population's access to healthcare and the community demographics to ensure the HD program and its students are enhancing population health initiatives.
- Conducts phone interviews and in-home safety screenings to ensure medical students are being placed in a safe environment.
- Ensures all logistics related to safety screenings and agency needs are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Recommends outreach activities to address identified community health needs; including orientations, community engagement sessions, trainings and presentations.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Analytical and evaluation skills.
- Ability to assess an environment for safety from both a physical and emotional standpoint.
- Displayed interest in the enhancement of population health.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Associate's degree.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills essential.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.