Clinical Skills Project Coordinator, Office of Medical Education
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system
The Clinical Skills Project Coordinator will be integral in planning and executing student learning experiences under the supervision of the Clinical Skills Director. Their responsibilities include administrative aspects of simulation activities and the longitudinal clinical preceptor experience. This individual will also support the School of Medicine faculty to meet the specific needs of a variety of learners and to bring all healthcare-related simulation-based approaches together, such as standardized patients, high fidelity simulations, and the use of task trainers. The administrator will work closely with faculty and learners in preparing for and implementing the clinical simulation activities. Assist Course and Clerkship Directors as well as other faculty members to schedule and support curricula that include classroom, simulation, and clinical-setting-based educational experience and support its implementation. Assist in the planning and execution of multi-station high stakes Block OSCE Examinations, which will occur at least 4 times throughout the 3-year core SOM curriculum. The administrator will also participate in the development, implementation, evaluation, and enhancement of the School of Medicine's Longitudinal Clinical Preceptorship experience as part of the clinical skills curriculum, where students engage with clinicians from the community and their patients. This will involve close collaboration with the Director of Clinical Skills, the Office of Medical Education, Office of Student Affairs & Wellness, and the Office of Faculty SOM.
This is an onsite position located at the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine in Nutley, NJ.
A day in the life of Clinical Skills Project Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Oversees the planning and execution of simulation-related clinical skills activities including among others: a. Collaborates with the course and clerkship coordinators, faculty, and SAW to prepare for student learning activities across all phases of the curriculum. b. Session-specific schedules for students and simulation faculty/staff. c. Implementing supportive services, ie/ accommodated scheduling for learners as needed, in partnership with Office for Student Success. d. Ordering and setting up/taking down food/refreshments as appropriate
- Responsible for administrative management of SOM's standardized patient program including onboarding, reservations/booking, communication, invoicing, and managing SPSOM group email.
- Responsible for providing overall administrative management for the Longitudinal Clinical Preceptor Experience (LCP) including collaborative planning with OOF and SAW.
- Serves as the primary resource to students in resolving LCP scheduling and preceptor challenges including managing the LCPSOM group email.
- Assist in the scheduling and support of multi-station high stakes Block OSCE Examinations, which will occur at least 4 times throughout the 3-year core SOM curriculum.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the simulation-related educational programs prior to, during, and after clinical sessions; in partnership with the simulation technicians and the Simulation Programs Manager.
- Assist Simulation Programs Manager in tracking information, gathering data, and reporting on clinical simulation activities and programming.
- Navigate simulation technology in order to assist as needed.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in project management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in teaching role or simulation education or healthcare.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills.
- Previous experience in managing networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's Degree.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.