Clinical Skills Program Manager
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Skills Program Manager will provide high level support to the Director of Clinical Skills and other leadership across the SOM. Provide Manage the day to day operational and planning needs of the Clinical Skills Curriculum including but not limited to clinical skills classroom sessions, Standardized Patient Sessions, end of course OSCE’s, multistation block OSCE’s, High Fidelity simulation as well as core curriculum clerkship sessions for clerkships.
A day in the life of a Clinical Skills Program Manager at Hackensack Meridian Health School of Medicine can be described as follows:
- Manages tasks associated with all Clinical skills sessions across multiple phases of the SOM Clinical skills curriculum.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining tracking of each session day and overall planning of the team’s tasks.
- Organizes, coordinates and plans all OSCE’s, mid and end of year assessments.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Clinical Skills.
- Liaise with the clerkships, course directors, standardized patients, vendors and faculty and staff from other programs who use the Clinical Skills Simulation Center.
- Prepares for simulation sessions and skills sessions, greets visitors and arranges task trainers, props and paperwork as needed.
- Manages complex schedules of students, faculty and standardized patients.
- Manages a database of students and performance over the four years.
- Develops, implements and monitors clinical skills policies, procedures, use and operation.
- Responsible for purchasing equipment for simulation and maintenance of inventory.
- Maintains flexibility when working with expected and unexpected changes with scheduling, staffing, purchasing and is able to work toward a viable programmatic solution.
- Works collaboratively with other departments within the SOM as well as outside organizations to optimally execute the longitudinal clinical skills curriculum, including IT to maintain A/V equipment and resources needed for assessments.
- Active role in training new team members as well as continuing professional development for existing team members of tasks or skills necessary to be successful in the position.
- Responsible for back-filling and covering tasks of other clinical skills team members when necessary.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Educational Leadership, MBA or related is required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience is required
- Significant experience in project/program management is required
- Prior leadership experience is required
- Proficiency in MS software with the ability to learn new software and hardware quickly is required
- Ability to work well under pressure, set priorities and make critical decisions is required
- Self-motivated and require little or no supervision with the ability to work as a team member is required
- Demonstration of exceptional skills in coordinating and working collaboratively with diverse groups to achieve complex objectives is required
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to manage a workload of diverse projects and programs, and organize and prioritize work flow
- Strong Excel® and PowerPoint® skills, as well as facility with the rest of Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook). Proficient in use of Internet required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.