Clinical Skills Instructor
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Skills Instructor will assist in the development, implementation, evaluation, and enhancement of the School of Medicine's clinical skills curriculum, under the direct supervision of the Director of Clinical Skills and in close collaboration with the SOM leadership. Support curriculum delivery, remediation, student support and accommodations for students. This includes integrated three-year competency based clinical skills training and assessment, including assessment of the Core Entrustable Professional Activities for undergraduate medical education. Assist in the development of a clinical skills program that has the tremendous advantages of robust and advanced classroom, simulation, and clinical settings.
A day in the life of a Clinical Skills Instructor at Hackensack Meridian Health School of Medicine can be described as follows:
- Work closely with clinical skills team members, course and clerkship directors, as well as faculty to assist in the development of curricula that includes classroom, simulation, and clinical-setting based educational experiences.
- Assist in the development and implementation of multi-station high stakes Block OSCE Examinations and other clinical skills assessment.
- Assist in the creation of and operations of the Standardized Patient Program.
- Assist in managing curriculum and simulation activates as well as managing staff under clinical skills.
- The faculty member will be responsible for remediation activities for students; including participating in student promotion and support activities.
- Assist with sessions and grading as well as direct student support.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Doctoral degree is required
- MD/DO with experience in clinical simulation is preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience is required
- Medical education experience is required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.