Cancer Immunotherapy Study Technician
The Cancer Immunotherapy Study Technician will function under the supervision of an Associate or Senior Scientist. This role will be responsible for assisting the Associate/Senior Scientist to maintain daily function of the laboratory and by conducting experiments. This role will be responsible for interacting with clinicians and research nurses, coordinating clinical sample collection and transportation to the lab and processing surgical specimens for immunological and molecular analysis established by the laboratory.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 18 labs, 150 scientists and support personnel, who are supported by more than 85 grants and contracts. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
A day in the life of a Cancer Immunotherapy Study Tech at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Cell culture involving cell lines and primary murine immune cells.
- Gene expression analysis using PCR method, including TaqMan assays.
- Tissue processing and Flow cytometry and other related immunology technologies.
- Maintains detailed protocols and records of data related to executed laboratory work.
- Handles experimental mice, genotyping, and tumor cell inoculation.
- Constructs and revises animal protocols for submission for IRB review.
- Interacts with clinicians and research nurses coordinate clinical sample collection and transportation to the lab.
- Processes clinical specimens for biorepository and analysis.
- Consults with Principal Investigators and study personnel to plan and initiate study goals, plans, protocols, and procedures.
- Maintains accurate, complete and compliant study records.
- Constructs and revises study applications, protocols and ICFs submitted for IRB review.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training or minimum of 1 year of experience in research, science or equivalent.
- Highly organized and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and have a strong work ethic.
- Cell culture experiences.
- RNA and DNA extraction, tissue culture, experience with PCR and qPCR, microarray experience, and common molecular biology techniques.
- Ability to use at least two of these technologies: PCR/qPCR analysis, next-generation sequencing, exosome isolation, protein purification or Tissue culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Cancer cell biology experience is highly desirable.
- Experience of working with clinical specimens and with a biorepository highly desirable.
- Experience working with animals and with collection of blood specimens.
- Experience working with antibodies and performing immuno-purifications.
- Experience with a microtome and archived FFPE tissues.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.