How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Cash Washer will be primarily responsible for working in the cage wash area, cleaning and sanitizing cages and racks, removal of trash, collecting wastes for disposal, and maintenance of cage wash equipment.
A day in the life of a Cage Washer at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Cleans and sanitizes all animal caging and accessory equipment and maintains the cage washing area in a clean, neat and well-organized manner following approved SOP
- Disposes of waste from the facility following appropriate SOP
- Maintains and performs routine repairs on caging and racks.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on the cage washers and autoclave.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and well-organized facility.
- Assists in any contract related activity, as assigned Facility Supervisor.
- Understands and follows all approved SOP's and Quality Assurance Standards for cage sanitation.
- Prepares and submits written records, charts, logs and inventories as required by the facility Supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or GED.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Previous experience performing housekeeping/sanitization duties, safe handling of chemicals, detergents and disinfectants according to MSDS guidelines and working with large industrial equipment, especially cage-wash equipment.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.