The Animal Caretaker is the responsibility for the feeding, cleaning and observation of research animals in support of laboratory projects and programs. This position cleans and disinfects cages, rooms and equipment. Additionally, this role supports staff and researchers with handling and restraint of animals.
The Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI), was established by Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) as an academic basic and translational research enterprise to rapidly translate science innovation to the clinic to improve outcomes for patients with cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disease and other acute and chronic diseases. The CDI has grown rapidly since its origins in 2019, and now has 27 labs, 180 scientists and support personnel. Areas of expertise include genomics, epigenetics, drug resistance, stem cell biology, drug discovery, diagnostics and biomarker development, and pharmacology.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Mandatory six-month probation period to complete the required training for this position.
- Employment may be contingent upon successful completion of an FBI background check and other regulatory approvals for admittance to BSL3 facilities and/or select agent facilities.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- High school diploma preferred.
- Prior experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- ALAT certification must be completed by 18 months of employment.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- ALAT certification preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.