How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
The Admissions Analyst administers the day-to-day office processes for the School of Medicine Admissions Office, coordinating daily communication with prospective students via e-mail and phone. This role plays a key role in the admissions application review and matriculation processes.
Join us on a virtual tour of the School of Medicine!
A day in the life of an Admissions Analyst at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Reviews and evaluates application credentials for completeness and analyzes applicants' academic credentials for adherence to the minimum admissions standards as set by the SOM. Also verifies that all submitted material are accurately maintained.
- Represents the institution in recruitment of new students and participates in the evaluation of applicants.
- Reviews and evaluates files, and makes recommendations on admission requirements.
- Works on developing and implementing a plan to recruit a diverse pool of potential applicants.
- Attends recruiting events, open houses, fairs, or information sessions on occasion/ as needed
- Provides information to potential applicants via phone, email, mail, or in person.
- Reviews and evaluates files and makes recommendations based on SOM requirements.
- Responds to prospective student and applicant inquiries via phone, email, and walk-in appointments.
- Communicates with and advises prospective applicants on application-related questions and issues.
- Generates, updates and publishes admission and applicant reports.
- Compiles, updates and records Interview Day evaluations for interviewed candidates. Works to maintain the integrity of the student database (admissions to permanent records) in order to ensure complete and accurate records.
- May provide coaching, and/or mentoring to administrative assistant/s.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Significant experience providing executive-level support in a university/college setting is required.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
- Demonstration of exceptional interpersonal skills in coordinating and working collaboratively with diverse groups to achieve complex objectives. Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and identify and seek needed information/research skills.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to manage a workload of diverse tasks and organize and prioritize work flow.
- Ability to type and compose correspondence for signature.
- Coordinate schedules and activities, exercise discretion and communicate efficiently.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently on a variety of tasks.
- Must be detail-orientated
- Prior work experience with a medical school or health professional program preferred.
- Prior admissions experience preferred
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.