Administrative Assistant to the Dean's Cabinet
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Administrative Assistant to the Dean's Cabinet at the Seton Hall School of Medicine will work directly with the Executive Assistant to the Dean and support all aspects of her daily work routine and assist her to manage the daily operations of the Dean's schedule. This position will assist the Dean's Cabinet on as needed basis.
A day in the life of an Administrative Assistant to the Dean's Cabinet can be described as follows:
- Performs a wide variety of support duties such as - printing, faxing, mail/overnight packages, copying, filing, and e-mail/messages; sort and triage mail; maintain e-mail and other address directories, and composes and prepares letters relating to routine correspondence for the Dean, Cabinet members' signature.
- Receives, screens, answers questions and problem solves phone calls and visitors, answering a variety of complex questions with tact and diplomacy to reach an appropriate resolution.
- Communicates and handles incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Dean and Cabinet members.
- Serves as the first point of contact to the Dean's office and Cabinet members and will be the principal liaison between them, other School and University administrators, staff, faculty, and the public, to ensure that projects' goals are understood, executed, achieved and communicated back to the Cabinet.
- Communicates the goals to appropriate constituents and reports back to the Executive Assistant to the Dean on any major updates.
- Maintains internal calendars, including scheduling and, at many times, attending meetings and appointments with Cabinet members, coordinating speaking engagements and travel arrangements, exercising discretion in committing time and evaluating needs.
- Coordinates the Dean and Cabinet Members' office staff meetings, events, and special projects.
- Performs special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Associate's degree or vocational or technical school degree is required
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in a growing, dynamic environment while supporting a large team of professionals is required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required
- Ability to review expenses against budget, track a budget, and execute modest purchasing responsibilities is required
- Problem-solving capability and the ability to work independently while adhering to guidelines is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Power point and Excel is required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.