Administrative Assistant, Student Affairs
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Administrative Assistant, Student Affairs and Wellbeing position is to provide high-level support to the Associate/Assistant Dean and Director(s) for the Office of Student Affairs and Wellbeing in the School of Medicine. Provide administrative and general office support to include personal and telephone reception, preparation of correspondence data input, and filing. This role is critical in being proactive and demonstrating initiative to the office's project management processes.
Join us on a virtual tour of the School of Medicine!
A day in the life of an Administrative Assistant supporting Student Affairs can be described as follows:
- Provides primary administrative support to the Associate Assistant Dean and/or Directors of the Office of Student Affairs and Wellbeing to include scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, organizing travel arrangements, preparing/organizing / filing correspondence and managing calendars.
- Investigates, organizes and inputs pertinent information into constituent management software.
- Coordinates and plans meeting locations, dates, and related arrangements. Organizes and prepares training materials; communicates with internal / external trainers, volunteers (when present), and attendees regarding training sessions and/or meetings; records notes and minutes; documents and distributes evaluation materials and action items for follow up.
- Assists the Associate / Assistant Dean and/or Directors of Student Affairs and Wellbeing with key department projects/priorities, to include reviewing reports and assisting with planning as directed by the Office of Student Affairs and Wellbeing.
- Prepares reports/forms, travel authorizations and other disbursement requests.
- Assists the Associate / Assistant Dean and/or Directors of Student Affairs and Wellbeing with administrative support of special projects such as data entry and limited content updating as required.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High School Diploma is required
- Associates degree or Bachelor's degree is preferred
- One (1) or more years of relevant work experience is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to track and manage budgets and limited purchasing is required
- Problem solving capability in addition to the ability to work within general guidelines established by the manager is required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.