Administrative Assistant, Office of Medical Education
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Administrative Assistant for Medical Education Office position provides high level support to the Associate Dean and Director(s) of the Office of Medical Education for the School of Medicine.
Join us on a virtual tour of the School of Medicine!
A day in the life of an Administrative Assistant, Medical Education Office at Hackensack Meridian Health's School of Medicine can be described as follows:
- Performs a wide variety of support duties such as printing, faxing, mail/overnight packages, copying, filing, and e-mail/messages; sort and triage mail; maintain e-mail and other address directories; Compose and prepare letters relating to routine correspondence for the Associate Dean's signature. Receives, screens, triages, answers questions and problem solves - phone calls and visitors, answering a variety of complex questions with tact and diplomacy to reach an appropriate resolution. Communicates and handles incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Associate Dean.
- Set up in-person and conference call meetings, as requested, including recording and archiving of notes, generation o f handouts, arranging for food and beverage as needed.
- Assure compliance with university policies and procedures with respect to travel arrangements, timecard approval, purchasing, expense reimbursement Generate purchase orders and expense reimbursements. Purchase and inventory equipment and supplies.
- Maintain calendars of the staff of the OME Coordinate visits to the OME by external individuals, including meeting scheduling, assistance in travel and parking.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associates degree is required
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- One (1) or more years of relevant work experience is required
- Must have the ability to type and compose correspondence for signature, coordinate schedules and activities, exercise discretion and communicate efficiently
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Must have strong computer and typing skills required, including expertise with Microsoft suite of software: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and possibly Access
- Must be proficient in use of Internet
- Must have significant experience providing executive-level support in a university/college setting; demonstration of exceptional skills in coordinating and working collaboratively with diverse groups to achieve complex objectives, exceptional oral and written communication skills, and prior administrative experience
- Must have strong written language communication skills; individual must compose documents
- Must have excellent writing, grammatical, and proofreading skills
- Must have excellent communication/customer service skills, ability to understand perspectives of a multi-faceted team and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.