Administrative Assistant II, School of Medicine
How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Healthour teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Administrative Assistant II position in the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine provides high-level support to the Department Leader(s) with a wide range of administrative and general office support. In this role, it is critical that the ideal candidate demonstrate the ability to be a team player, to be proactive and be willing to take initiative to support the goals of the department while displaying courteous and professional behavior.
A day in the life of an Administrative Assistant II, School of Medicine at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Provide primary administrative support to the Department Leader/Chair/Dean including but not limited to telephone and guest reception, printing, faxing, copying, filing, bulk mailing as well as mailing packages, letters, etc., reviewing and/or organizing emails and other address directories, coordinates, plans and schedules in-person and remote meetings including meeting locations, dates, conference and/or Google Meet/Zoom lines, preparing and distributing agendas, handouts, food as needed, and any related arrangements.
- Record and archive meetings, take notes and minutes and distribute them.
- Provide calendar management support as requested by the Leader in addition to typing and composing correspondence for signature.
- Provide courteous front line introduction and assistance to callers, visitors, etc. to the HMSOM including problem solving with respect to calls and visitors. A variety of complex questions will need to be answered with tact and diplomacy.
- Assure compliance with HMH policies with respect to travel arrangements, purchasing, accounts payable, expense reimbursement, etc.
- Organize and coordinate travel arrangements according to HMH Policy.
- Prepare reports/forms, purchase orders, travel authorizations and other disbursement requests.
- Track and manage budgets and purchasing/accounts payable.
- Organize and prepare training materials; communicate with internal / external trainers, volunteers (when present), and attendees regarding training sessions and/or meetings; document and distribute evaluation materials and action items for follow up.
- Assist the Dept. Leader with the planning and coordination of key department projects/priorities and events to include administrative support, reviewing reports, and assisting with planning as directed by the Leader.
- Investigate, organize and input pertinent information into constituent management software.
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adhere to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or significant work experience equivalent to a minimum of 5 years of work experience as an Administrative Assistant or Coordinator-type work in a medical or higher education facility.
- Significant experience providing executive-level support in a university/college setting.
- Strong computer and typing skills as well as proficient use of the Internet
- Excellent oral and written (including proofreading) communication skills while exercising discretion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional skills in coordinating and working collaboratively with diverse groups to achieve complex objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, think independently and problem solve, yet work within the general guidelines established by the Leader.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand perspectives of a multi-faceted team.
- Maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality where applicable.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in a growing, dynamic environment supporting a large team of professionals.
- Experience with the Google Suite of software.
- Understanding of medical school operations is a plus.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.