Administrative Assistant, Admissions
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Administrative Assistant, Admissions is responsible for providing confidential administrative and general office support to the Admissions department. The individual in this position will be the first contact for prospective and current applicants and other internal and external parties interested in communicating with the Office of Admissions in the School of Medicine; the individual will serve as a liaison between the Office and those internal and external parties.
Join us on a virtual tour of the School of Medicine!
A day in the life of an Access Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
- Provides primary administrative support for the Office of Admissions. Receives and process requests for information and materials from applicants and other internal and external parties. These requests will include, but not limited to, emails, phone calls, mailings, and office visits, answer and properly route telephone inquiries, meet and greet visitors to the office.
- Creates and maintains files and other records for the office. This will include the collection and filing of confidential supporting information and correspondence for applicants, including transcripts, letters of recommendation, official score reports, enrollment documents and other communications.
- Prepares and organizes the faculty interview calendar for each admissions interview season. Schedules all interviews for admissions candidates and conducts follow up with faculty interviewers and/or interview candidates as necessary. The Administrative Assistant will also assist with the planning and coordination of the Interview Days.
- Assists in maintaining, updating and sending status notifications of all applicants to SOM. Will exercise proper judgment and maintain confidentiality in dealing with the personal information of applicants, students, and the families of applicants and students.
- Assists the Office of Admissions with special projects and events such as recruitment fairs, open house and on- campus visits.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an administrative assistant.
- Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and complete work under deadlines.
- Must be comfortable managing relatively large volumes of phone calls, mailings, and emails.
- Professionalism, efficiency, outstanding communication skills, and an ability to work effectively with large, diverse groups of people are required.
- Possess excellent judgment and be able to maintain confidentiality in dealing with the personal information of others.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Ability to work occasional weekends to support admissions-related events.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience in an academic institution.
- Prior admissions experience.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.